February 20, 2007






More Climbing in Thailand
Another week climbing in Krabi. More sore muscles and climbs ticked off of our list. We met some intersting people, I cut off all of my hair (as you can see in the pictures), and now we are back in Phuket to pack up our stuff and head to Korea.
We did have some intersting animal encounters last week. Well, not all of them happened to us, but they are still interesting. There are loads of monkies around the climbing and one day (I was actually on the phone with my mom at the time) there were some monkies on the climbs above us, just hanging out on the rocks. All of the sudden, one took a flying leap over me and landed not far away in the bushes. Then a few more monkies launched themselves over my head. I really thought they were going to land on me. Other times, the monkies are just jumping around in the trees next to you while you are climbing, and you get the impression that they are not so pleased that you are up there. A friend of ours had a monkey break into his room and try to steal his bananas in the middle of the night. I guess monkies really do like bananas. I also had a gecko fall on me when I was in the bathroom one night and scared the crap out of me. Luckily I was already in the bathroom. Also, one guy in our bungalows woke up to find a 16 foot long python in his bed. That is not something I would want to wake up to.
So here we are, back in Phuket. Someday we will make it to Korea.

No comments: