May 21, 2007


Lantern Festival

Happy 2551!!!! Thursday is Buddha's birthday so there are celebrations. This weekend, there was a lantern festival and a parade. On Thursday, we get the day off!!! Yipee! No screaming children. I am not sure what I am going to do to celebrate Buddha's birthday. The proper thing to do is probably to sit and meditate, but that gets kind of boring. The Korean thing to do is to go out drinking until 5 a.m., but I don't fancy doing that either. So maybe I will sleep in, wander the city and try to visit a temple. Or maybe I will go for a hike. Or maybe I will just read a book in a park. I don't know, but I do know that I will not have to ask kids to stop licking each other on Thursday, and that makes me happy.

No comments: