April 18, 2008

Ok, ok, I know that I haven't posted anything since I left Korea. I apologize. I guess I have just been getting used to being home. It's really nice to be back in Oregon. There are times when I feel overwhelmed with emotions about this place. No one runs me over on the sidewalk. No one tells me I am fat. No one takes things out of my grocery cart. And on top of it all, it is incredibly beautiful. The other day, I was walking on a trail by myself (and I only saw one other person during my walk!!!!), and I looked around at the moss hanging from the trees. Suddenly, I was relaxed and I let out a huge sigh. In that moment, I realized that I never once let out a relaxing sigh outdoors in Korea. I felt the most relaxed and content reading a book with an oversized glass of wine in my Korean studio apartment. It's nice to feel calm in nature again. It's nice to see my friends again. It's nice to spend time with my family. I'm getting to know my nephew Max again and anticipating the new baby. I love Oregon and pretty much everything about it.

This post isn't funny or interesting, but I felt like maybe I should write something more since it has been so long.

1 comment:

~I said...

:)