It's finally happened. I am officially a student again, and I'm not so sure how I feel about it. I've embarked on a summer packed with anatomy and physiology fun. My prof is a loon who says phrases like "alrighty tighty" and "any hoot and holler" and who gets completely off topic every 2 minutes. I have heard ghost stories and the difficulty of getting his kid to take medicine among other anecdotes in my anatomy and physiology class. My lab partners consist of people who failed the class the first time around and frat boys. The other day, the boys were picking up skulls and making them talk. I can't wait to see the maturity level displayed when we get to look at real human cadavers. I told this to one of the frat boys, and his response was, "We can do whatever we want to them. We just can't take pictures." It kind of makes me think twice about the idea of donating my body to science.
Today in class, my professor brought in an actual old hip replacement part from some old lady who left it to him in her will when she died. Apparently he used to do studies on osteoporosis, and this woman from a study wanted him to have it enough to go through the trouble of putting it in her will. After the prof explained the process of cremation and how the grind up the bones with a mortar and pestle, he tried to hand the old hip replacement part to me. It came fresh out of an old, dirty plastic grocery bag. I looked at him horrified and then turned to look horrified at the rest of the class. I'm not sure what everyone else thinks of our certifiably crazy professor, but the expression on other people's faces led me to believe that we are all on the same page. It's going to be an interesting 11 weeks.
I am currently staying with a friend who has an adorable baby kitty. It's tiny and cute, as you can tell from the picture. I refer to Kitty as "it" because this week the vets said that they think it is a hermaphrodite. Hermaphrodite Kitty has now peed on my feet in bed twice. Kitty may be jealous that I am sleeping in bed with her "mom," Molly, because she peed on Molly's boyfriend when he was here too. After all, Hermaphrodite Kitty is jealous of boys and girls...
No comments:
Post a Comment