December 16, 2008


Ok, ok. I will blog again. I apologize for my absence. I just haven't had much to say recently. Looking for a job is not exactly fun, especially when the economy is so awful and no one has money to hire new people. So I made a new life plan. I am currently taking a Nursing Assistant training program. It lasts a month, and then I will be able to take a test and have a CNA (certified nursing assistant). Hopefully then I will be able to acquire gainful employment and experience for becoming a nurse. So far I have learned how to wash my hands and make a bed with a person still in it. I have also been annoyingly taking people's blood pressure. I'm actually learning skills that should be helpful when I hopefully get into nursing school. At first, I was REALLY out of my comfort zone, but now I gaining confidence that I can really do this whole nursing thing. Sure, it may be awkward at first, but I think I just need some practice to figure it out. Good thing I practice on mannequins and my classmates...

If you are not in Oregon and you don't know, it snowed here. It snowed and the whole state basically shuts down. Yipee! Snow days! Jake and I took about 9 million walks around the wetlands. We saw bunnies and an owl, and we shoved snow in each others' faces. It was wonderful.

Also, we made sausage with my sister Emily. Making sausage is exactly what you would expect. Stuffing ground meat into intestines. It doesn't really look appetizing, but the smell of it cooking makes up for its lacking appearance. Overall, it was a lovely weekend in Eugene. I think Jake may be one of Max's fave new people. He even wanted Jake to read him stories. Oh, so cute :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My best wishes are with you to become an expert in the field of nursing. I have really enjoyed reading the post. Picture is also is very cute. Thank you very much for sharing the post.