November 30, 2010


MRSA

Welcome to the hospital. The first thing that you will need to is swab yourself for MRSA. MRSA is a resistant strain of staph bacteria that can be difficult to get rid of, so it makes sense that the hospital would want to screen people. I was prepared for a Q-tip up the nose since that is usually where we swab for screenings in the US, but it turns out that there are also other places that MRSA likes to hang out… the peri area (for any non-medical speaking people that basically means your crotch) and the natal cleft (butt crack). What an interesting way to be introduced to a new hospital. “Here is an exam room and some swabs. Don’t be embarrassed. Everyone has to do it.” I am just thankful that I didn’t have MRSA anywhere because I can’t imagine how embarrassing it would have been to have the charge nurse tell you that you have bacteria growing in your butt crack.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've always suspected that you have an unusually clean bum, little sis. Well done.

By the way, I am stealing a picture of my son from your site and not crediting you. Mwa-ha-ha.