November 28, 2006



Thanksgiving was spent in an Irish pub in Thailand listening to latin music and eating turkey and pecan pie. How you find turkey and pecan pie in Thailand is a mystery, but it happened. This weekend, we went to a thai boxing match, which was interesting because we went with another student who spent last year fighting here. He explained the whole thing. The boxers do special dances and are really good sportsman. After getting kicked in the face, they look at their opponent and smile. Yes, they smile, and look as if they would like to be kicked in the face again. They also hug in between matches and have genuine concern for the other's well-being. I also lost a beer when betting with the other students that the guy in a tiger cape would win, but her got knocked out in the second round. I guess a good outfit does not make you a good thai boxer.
I also went to the beach this weekend, which was great. It was beautiful and amazing, a nice break from school. So far I have taught two English lessons to Thai students. It is a little different than the teaching I have done before, but it is interesting and I think it is going well.
I promise to start putting more pictures up, really i will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's hard to teach something that comes so naturally to us! It's also rather difficult to teach the kids who don't want to learn (as I spend most every day trying to get them to learn!)