June 27, 2007


Sorry that I have been bad at blogging. I have just been hanging out with children and very slowly learning Korean. I have a Korean lesson once a week from our "Korean mom." She is this wonderful lady who just randomly talked to Ariel in the sauna at the gym. She teaches us how to cook and speak Korean. Last week, I learned how to talk about the weather, and this week I learned how to buy a bus ticket. My students think it is hilarious that I am trying to learn Korean. I write words on my hand so that I can memorize them and my students quiz me on it. These kids literally learn around a hundred words a week, and I try to learn 5, but they still cheer me on. It's pretty cute. There is nothing like a room full of nine year olds cheering you on as you draw boxes and circles on the board. If you haven't checked out Korean writing, you should. I think it's beautiful, and I must admit that I am very proud of myself for being able to read it. It is a wonderful moment when you are in a coffee shop and you realize that you can read the sign that says americano.

I also bought a Korean cook book, but my work schedule is not very inconvenient for cooking. I was told last weekend that I have a guy's refridgerator. Sure enough, I peeked inside and saw cheese, water, soju (horrible Korean alcohol), pasta sauce and jam. That is the contents of my fridge, and the cupboards are not much better. So yes, I have a college boy's fridge.

whoa, I just saw a preview of the new Harry Potter for the first time. Someone should send me those books. Especially the new one when it comes out. I know I was reluctant to read them at first, but now I will admit that I like them. I guess I have grown up enough to admit that I am still a kid. I just got TV and internet today, so I am pretty excited. That is all for now.

No comments: